5 Winter Rules for Flawless Skin
Our skin is our best accessory and during the winter months we must take extra special care it. Unlike the summer months, the dry winter atmosphere pulls moisture from the skin and we have to work twice as hard to retain the moisture. Here are 5 winter rules for flawless skin:
1. Cleanse: Mild cleansers are great for all skin types. They can be honey, rice water, or oatmeal based. They will cleanse the skin without pulling moisture.
2. Toners: Aid in balancing the pH levels of the skin and also helps to retain the moisture in the skin. It’s a great go-to product for a nice natural glow. Toners can be customized and homemade naturally, purchased online or at your local pharmacy.
3. Treat: To treat the skin means to provide skin food which can be good oils for the skin. Vitamin E oil, aloe , and avocado oil are just a few that replenishes the skins moisture and stabilizes.
4. Hydration: Hydration can be Emulsifiers, and Humectants help retain water in the skin for a nice supple appearance.
5. Protect: Just as it says PROTECT the sun is the #1 enemy for skin that is unprotected. A little vitamin D doesn’t hurt, but too much can lead to dull, aging dehydrated, sun damaged skin. This can be very unpleasant. Although the sun may not feel as hot on our skin during the winter, it is essential to protect it as the UVA and UVB rays are not bad for our skin. Natural products tend to be a better alternative for all skin types as their side effects are lower than something that has been prescribed by a doctor.