New Year, New Resolutions or Nah?
Don’t make another New Year’s Resolution! Yes, you heard me right. We all spend the last two weeks of December pondering over if we reached the goals we had planned for ourselves over the past 12 months. We analyze and over analyze what we did wrong, what we can do better and how we can improve. Then, we are gung-ho, pumped, and get our hustler game face on for the new year. We sit back with a smile and say “YASSSS, I GOT THIS!”
Now, don’t get me wrong. It is important to know where you stand. Numbers don’t lie. But, I am not quite convinced that that’s the best use of your “End of the Year in Time” review. Why do you say that Kristi? Well, I am glad you asked.
You see, you have really have two options here:
1. Continue to make the resolutions each December, burst of the gates full speed ahead, die a slow death as you run out of steam by March and have the same conversation with yourself the next December.
2. Start a new journey, a new way of thinking and a new way to achieve your goals and make some major strides in your goals.
Well, I’ll take number two for a $1000 Alex (for those of you that remember the show Jeopardy). I thought you would like that option too. And guess what? The solution is so simple, you are going to think it is too good to be true. You are going to say to yourself, “Self, this could not possibly work.” What is she talking about? And that, my dear friend is where I want you to STOP!
Did you notice above that there were a few words that were accented with bold face type and underlined? Do me a favor and go back and read just those words again. Those words are the key to your future success. The very tools you will need to do something a little different than what you have done in the past.
The first step is to CHANGE YOUR STATE OF MIND.
A wise man once said, “You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it” -Albert Einstein. What does that REALLY mean? It means, if your thought processes got you in a situation, those same thoughts simply will not work to get you out of it. You need new ones! After all, that’s how you got there in the first place. If you had different thoughts, you would be somewhere else, right? You following me? See how confusing that can be? Bare with me a little while longer, go grab a pen and paper and let’s get some things started.
First I want you to:
- Carve out your success routine. What will your day need to look like in order to succeed? Begin with prayer and mediation.
- Write down your AFFIRMATIONS (NOT Resolutions)! What are you going to THINK and SAY to yourself daily so that you can start to receive instant manifestation of your goals? Change your way of thinking!
- Take it one small step at a time. Wash, Rinse and Repeat so that you can RENEW your mind DAILY!!!
WARNING: This is not going to happen overnight! This is a process, so I will help you over this entire year to work through all of the needed steps.
What’s that you asked? Will you have to wait until the next issue to get a jump start? Oh why of course not, you can download a FREE sneak peak of my success routine and affirmations HERE!